Thursday 18 August 2022

Online reading, Thursday, 18 August 2022

Dear fellow readers of Ulysses by James Joyce

Today, we reached the last sentence of Ulysses: " ... his heart was going like mad and es I said yes I will Yes."

This means that we have finished the current cycle of reading Joyce's great work.  I have been participating in the reading groups since September 2011. Attending the reading groups and getting to know James Joyce's novel under the guidance of the one and the only, Fritz Senn, has enriched my life in many ways. 

This cycle of Ulysses will be the last time I will participate regularly in the reading group and write summaries of what would be read. I have been writing summaries since September 2013. (Yes, I did miss writing them the last two weeks.) I have thoroughly enjoyed writing the summaries, which I have also used as the basis for writing my eBook, Ulysses for the Uninitiated that is still available to be bought on Apple Books. With this post, I shall stop writing the summaries. The blog will still be active for the future reading groups as a site of virtual bookmarks.

I will end this post with a link to a brilliant article on Ulysses. Do read it now or at least before you restart reading Ulysses by James Joyce.

One Thinks of Homer: Oliver St John Gogarty and James Joyce

Greetings

Chandra